These jelly cakes lasted about 5 minutes in my house. Everybody just loved them and i have picked this one from my fav collectiong, taste.com.au with a Bliss touch :) Very easy to make DELICIOUS....try out
- 60g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 85g packet strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup double thick cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 x 2 tablespoon capacity patty pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, a little at a time, beating until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in half the flour and half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon mixture into patty pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cakes on a wire rack.
- Stir jelly and boiling water together in a bowl until crystals are dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold and slightly thick.
- Place coconut into a large bowl. Cut each cake in half horizontally. Sandwich halves back together using 1 teaspoon of cream. Using a slotted spoon lower cakes, 1 cake at a time, into jelly. Drain excess jelly. Toss cakes in coconut until well coated. Place onto a lined tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.