I love slices, specially the presentations and preparations that make them lovely and delicious. This recipe is inspired by my favorite recipes portal , www.taste.com.au, with a Bliss touch! ..each piece has the surprise of sticky caramel sandwiched between the chocolate and biscuit layers.
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Lemon zest 1/2 tsp
- 125g butter, melted
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup / honey
- 60g butter, melted
- 60g walnuts chopped
- 125g cooking chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 3cm deep, 28 x 18cm (base) lamington pan.
Combine all base ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Press into prepared
lamington pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from
Make filling: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook,
whisking, for 8 minutes or until golden. Pour over cooked base. Bake for 12
minutes or until firm. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until
- Make topping: Place chocolate into a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour over caramel. Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares to serve.