It has quite simple recipe and ingredients as well. Its best made with a cake mix, you can bake the cake yourself i f you like. I used cake mix.
-340gm chocolate cake mix
-Creamy chocolate forsting
-Dark chocolate 250 gms
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm round (base measurement) cake pan with baking paper.
- Make the chocolate cake following packet directions. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts of the cake. Break the cake into small pieces and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl. Add the frosting and combine.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonsful of cake mixture into balls and place on the lined tray. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Dip the end of 1 lollypop stick in chocolate then insert into a cake ball. Return to the tray. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Dip 1 cake ball into the melted chocolate, turning to coat. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Set aside for 30 minutes or until chocolate is completely set.