A SUMMER TREAT!!!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup evaporated/condensed milk
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups mango puree (about 2 medium size mango)
- 1/4 cup fresh mango pieces of about 1/4-inch cubes (optional- i've for garnishing)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Additional evaporated milk or whipped cream for topping
- Use fresh ripe mangoes . Skin the fruit and cut the flesh of the mango into about two or three-inch square pieces. Put the pieces into a blender and puree. You will need about two medium size mangoes to make 1 1/2 cups of puree.
- Put the gelatin in a glass bowl and soften with the hot water. Let stand for about 3 minutes. Then add the evaporated milk and the sugar and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved. Next add the mango puree and mix well. Add the fresh mango cubes if you desire and mix. Put the mixture into a non-reactive mold made of glass or plastic. Chill in the refrigerator over night.
- To unmold the pudding submerge the mold in hot water for about 30 seconds. Turn the mold over and unmold onto a shallow dish. Serve topped with additional evaporated milk.